Circle M Tsuka-maki (Hilt wrapping) and
P.O. Box 265
Sidney MT 59270
406-482-3243 evening - mountain time
1. Care and handling--Information on the normal care and handling of a Japanese sword.
2. Tsuka-maki -- Information on wrapping tsuka (hilts) of Japanese swords.
This article explains the process I follow in wrapping a tsuka (hilt).
3. Translations-- How to make oshigata (rubbings) and send them to me.
I translate Japanese signatures on swords and fittings.
4. Tsuka-- Images of tsuka-maki and wood cores.
5. Restorations-- Repair and refitting of a Japanese sword and fittings
6. Sell/Buy/Brokeringof Japanese swords-- I have swords and fittings for sale. I am willing to buy your swords and fittings or broker them for you.
7. Images to view -- Page 1 Images of Japanese swords and fittings.
8. How to ... -- Projects for the Japanese Swords
9. Terms -- A listing of Japanese Sword terms
10. Addresses -- A list of links and addresses
11. Tsuka-maki class -- Tsuka-maki class - Sunday June 17, 2007 - The last day of "The Arts and Arms of the Samurai" AT the Holiday Inn in Minneapolis, Minnesota
12. Home page -- Back to my home page
Images to view -- Page 2 of Images of Japanese swords and fittings.
A list of links and how to contact me by email at
A award given by The Journal of Japanese Sword Arts a monthly newsletter.
The Journal contains news, reviews, announcements,
and in depth articles concerning all aspects of the Japanese sword.
Last update June 2014
Copyright © 1994-2014 montanairon.com & David McDonald
All Rights Reserved.
All contents of montanairon.com, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 1994-2014 by montanairon.com.
No logo, graphic, photo or image from montanairon.com web site may be copied, downloaded or retransmitted, and no other modifications
of any documents or photos are to be made unless expressly permitted by montanairon.com.
Browsers are free to download items for
personal use only on their own computer. Permission to reuse any material in any other form or venue may be granted,
and permission must be obtained in writing or through confirmed e-mail from David McDonald.
Contact: David McDonald email@example.com if you have any questions about this
Last modified on June 2014
Contact me by email at